Friday, October 24, 2008

Rap's effects???


Many parents are always complaining how rap music causes negative effects like violence and being aggressive. Although the contents of many rap songs contain violence, profanity, sexism, etc., it is just a song. We have our own mind and our brain is not made up of song lyrics. What i mean by this is that we choose what music we want to listen to. Those who listen to rap already had their own perspectives on life which usually are what the song states. Others listen to rap, like me, just because it has a good beat or it's one of those songs that get stuck in your head. Many experiments have been made and it has been concluded that it does not affect us. So lighten up parents, it's just a music genre.

2 comments:

Nashmia said...

I think rap is seen as something negative by a lot of people because of the lyrics. They do not really say the nicest things in the world. However, I do enjoy the beat of a lot of rap songs. They just give energy and makes me want to dance. Parents don't really understand why we like this music because they were teenagers in a different time. It all depends on what environment you grow up in. Rap is extremely popular today, but maybe the next generation people will hear this music and won't even like it.

Lauren said...

Rap is seen by many people to be degrading and insulting because of the lyrics. To me, this is just the artists way of expressing himself, even if it's not in the most appropriate way. I personally enjoy rap music very much. Even if I dont agree with the lyrics, many of the beats and rhythms to these songs I do enjoy. Parents don't understand our reasoning for listening to such "profound" language but I dont really understand their reason for listening to old jazz or classical music either.